Tuesday, May 8th 2012
This is an opportunity for everyone to showcase some of the face and figure images they enjoyed making in the past year and is open to all RA Photo Club members.
Here are the criteria for submissions:
- Images must show the human form or face as the primary subject
- Images should show one or more human beings
- Street /candid portraiture is welcome
- Pet and animal portraits are excluded
You must submit a minimum of 10 images (maximum 40) and they can be either individual images, or part of an AV or slide show.
Be prepared to introduce yourself and speak briefly about your interest in or approach to Face and Figure Photography or the images shown. If you do not wish to speak you must prepare a text, which I will read on your behalf. It is less interesting to see images without giving some guidance to the viewers. We will also play some background music to accompany the images on screen unless you have a sound track with your submission. (You can make your submission a slide show with words and music if you prefer.)
Film slides should bear, your identity, be sequentially numbered, and have a projection dot on the lower left hand corner.
Digital images should be submitted in the following format:
- High quality JPEGs (use a quality setting of 9 or 10 or better) sRGB colour space
- Images should be in proper orientation for viewing (upright on the monitor)
- Image size can up to 1400h x 1050v or smaller
- Files names should be in the following format: name of photographer, sequential # of image e.g. Tom Smith – 01.jpg
AV shows can feature as many images you like but should run no longer than ten minutes.
You can submit your entries on CD, or film slides to me in person on any Tuesday night between now and Tuesday, May 2nd, 2012.
For electronic entries email me at email@example.com and I’ll send you a link to a Dropbox shared folder where you can upload your submissions. Electronic submissions should be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Thursday May 4 – 2012.